Support the Jazz Arts Group
The Jazz Arts Group (JAG) is America’s oldest and premier not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to producing, performing and promoting jazz. Our mission is to advance and celebrate the art of jazz through performance and education.
In honor of our 50th Anniversary, we have started a new fundraising initiative to support the future of jazz music and education in Columbus. Through your generous contribution, you will help further our mission to advance and celebrate the art of jazz, inspiring students, performers, and the community for years to come.
Why Give to JAG?
When giving to the Jazz Arts Group, you know your gift will support a goal to bring top-quality jazz to the Central Ohio community. Our organization has a history of excellence as seen in our past 50 years of high-energy and engaging performances:
- JAG began in 1973 as a vehicle for local professional musicians and educators to present high-level performances to audiences in a big band setting.
- Throughout the past 50 years, JAG has produced more than 500 world-class jazz performances featuring the Columbus Jazz Orchestra (CJO), the resident big band that developed from founder Ray Eubanks’ original group of musicians.
- In addition to the musicians of the CJO, now under direction of Byron Stripling, JAG has hosted countless of phenomenal guest artists, such as Arturo Sandoval, Wynton Marsalis, Carmen Bradford, John Clayton, Maria Schneider, Jeff Hamilton, and more.
Your gift helps to deepen our organization’s commitment to excellence both on stage and off.
Our Education Initiatives
JAG believes in the power of music to transform lives and is committed to offering lifelong learning opportunities for individuals of all ages, interests, backgrounds, and abilities.
- The Columbus Youth Jazz (CYJ) program has been active for more than 30 years and hosted more than 700 students who have gone on to become professional musicians, business executives, teachers, and other experts in a wide range of fields.
- The Jazz Academy hosts more than 200 students annually for classes, workshops, rehearsals, and summer camps.
- We provide teaching artists, curriculum, and programming for nearly every music program in Columbus City Schools.
- Our outreach efforts have brought jazz beyond the classroom to hundreds of students annually in collaboration with outstanding community organizations, such as Columbus Metropolitan Library, Columbus Museum of Art, The Ohio State University, Capital University, YMCA, and more.
At JAG, we believe that jazz has the power to change lives and have seen it happen in our programs. Give today to help contribute to the inspirational success of the next generation of students and aspiring musicians.
Create a Better Community Through Jazz
You can help advance our mission and share your love of jazz by contributing to our 50th Anniversary campaign.
With your generous gift, you will help contribute to this important milestone in our organization’s history, helping to deepen our commitment of advancing the way we offer innovative performances and inspiring education programs that impact jazz lovers across our region.
50th Anniversary Fund
Fill out your information in the form on this site to give to the fund.
Send a check to our office with the notation of “Jazz 50th Anniversary” (769 E. Long Street, Columbus, OH 43203).
Contact CEO, Press Southworth III, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2023 Jazz Arts Group